Calling All Students!
World of Wheels’ Student Day is nationally recognized as an official field trip for public schools. It was started in 2006 as an initiative to support the automotive educational programs at schools by exposing students to the wide range of opportunities in the industry through speakers, corporate support and event participation.
Firepower by Victor Technologies will be awarding a $1,000 Gift Certificate for a FirePower MST 140i Welding System to a school at each of our Chattanooga, TN and Birmingham, AL Student Career Days this year! Schools that attend our Student Career Day Program will be automatically entered to win. The random drawing will take place Friday morning during the Welcome Reception at each show, so sign up now!
- Students and their Instructor must be present to enter and win.
- At least three schools must be present for a $1,000 Gift Certificate to be awarded.
- Once your school wins a $1,000 Gift Certificate, you are not eligible to win another $1,000 Gift Certificate at future Student Career Day events.
Miller Electric in partnership with Garage Bound and Holston Gases in Chattanooga are supporting the World of Wheels events with the AugmentedArc™ and Multimatic™ 215, both products can help teachers and students learn on highly innovative product ideal for many industries including education.
AugmentedArc™ system uses augmented reality technology to improve the efficiency and economy of classroom education for beginner and intermediate-level students.
Students & instructors can try out the AugmentedArc™ welding simulator during this year’s Student Career Day!
The O’Reilly auto Parts World of Wheels is committed to the future by holding these annual Educational Days where students and instructors enjoy the aftermarket hot rod industry. The events feature guest speakers; Leaders in their automotive fields who share their passion of the industry.
Following the session, students will be allowed to enter the show before it opens to the general public. They will have the opportunity to meet with car owners and builders, participate in several interactive exhibits and talk to representatives from area colleges and tech schools. Scholarship opportunities are also available from many of these schools.
- Students and Chaperons will each receive 1 additional Complimentary Ticket to return to the O’Reilly Auto Parts World of Wheels on any show day during normal operating hours!
- Entry fee for Student Day includes lunch.
The Goals of the O’Reilly World of Wheels Student Career Day
- Inspire students by introducing them to career paths and options in the automotive industry that they might have never considered or even known about before.
- Help students to understand the importance of their education by hearing it directly from industry leaders.
- To learn these proffessional’s perspectives on the future of the automotive industry.
- Expose students to opportunities in the specialty automotive aftermarket industry that SEMA calls a $34 billion industry.
- Allow students to view talents of the participants who have handcrafted many of the vehicles participating in the O’Reilly World of Wheels.
- Provide a forum for students to view firsthand many of North America’s finest show vehicles, many of which have been featured in magazines and television programs.
- Provide an opportunity for students to visit with many of the car owners and builders who have painstakingly completed their projects.
The O’Reilly Auto Parts World of Wheels Student Career Day is sure to be a great time for students and teachers. Over the past 10 years, the number of students participating has always exceeded expectations and we expect participation in this year’s program to be even greater.
For more information on Student Day, Contact Us.
Get More Details & Sign Up for this year’s O’Reilly World of Wheels Student Career Day
Student Day Photos
Congratulations to Winston County Tech Center in Double Springs, AL, winner of this year’s welder donated by Victor Technologies
Click on any of the images below to scroll through larger versions.